2007-07-01

I. Wedge watch in USD index.

we continue to watch the wedge in USD index.


As FED kept the interest rates unchanged, and continue to print money, the USD index continue to fall. USD index is near week support just 0.1-0.2 points below (not marked on the chart) see the spike - the small "umbrella" candle. The uptrend is broken, and we have falling to 81 area.

Does this mean we need to buy EUR @ current levels - I am still not sure.

The EUR index (XEU) chart, show same like USD index chart, but inverted. We have same short term resistance (the spike).

This is becasue USD index is dominated by EUR currency, and the EUR index is dominated by USD currency.

This chart is the ratio between EUR index and USD index. Ratio raise and there is *NOT* this short term resistance (support for USD). So may be the spike is related to JPY or some other currency from the index basket.



II. Triangle watch in EUR/USD.

The huge raise in Friday was rather unexpected. I believed that the EUR will fall before final raise. Anyway, the raise I am expecting must be 1.36 - 1.38++, so we saw nothing yet :)

4 day chart is similar to what we have on EUR index chart - a wedge. Note there are different resistance level, which I am marking on next chart.

1 day chart (because of bug in my charting software, I must say this may be 20hours or 30 hours chart).
Here we have the triangle, and what I thought is upper boundary (brown line), is broken now. There are a resistance level (horisontal pink line). I made freehand line (upper blue line), which now, must be the upper boundary of the triangle - Because is freehand, I can not say if the triangle is broken or not. I am going to wait till Monday morning (EU time), before I decide what to do. Is quite possible, the price to fall to ~1.3420. Unfortunately, is quite possible, the price to go even down to ~1.3380 or even to ~1.3320. We will see.

The 12 hour EUR/USD chart - it gives us misc signals. We could see a fall to upper blue line - old resistance, now probably support.


III. Summary.

EUR/USD will raise. I still think a pullback to 1.34 or lower is possible. We will see how it will open tomorrow, before find entry level.

*** DO NOT SHORT EUR/USD :-) ***


IV. Carry trade using AUD/JPY [new]

As I promise, I began to watch AUD/JPY now, and it will be included every week from now one.

1 day chart - AUD bounced from the support line, now it will go up to the resistance line. Note the strong support at ~105.20. We may have one more pullback to the support line.

4 hours chart - we clearly see the resistance, now, eighter up or down.


V. AUD/JPY Summary.

Wait for Monday open, if everything is fine:

Buy at ~102.40 :-)
More unpasioned traders may buy at 103.00, and incrementaly to add more AUD's until 102.

*** This is not a trading advice ***

No comments: