2008-01-22

Panic

Ok, I see you expecting this post, even some friends asked me, why I did not post this.
FED is panicking now:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve, confronted with a global stock sell-off fanned by increased fears of a recession, slashed a key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point on Tuesday and indicated further rate cuts were likely.
The surprise reduction in the federal funds rate from 4.25 down to 3.5 percent marked the biggest funds rate cut on records going back to 1990.
...
In addition to cutting the funds rate, the Fed said it was reducing its discount rate, the interest it charges to make direct loans to banks, by a similar three-quarters of a percentage point, pushing this rate down to 4 percent.
Stockmarket is still down.
EUR and commodity stocks are up.

I bought stocks all day, first some Bulgarian stocks (ATERA, SFARM), then PBR.
I also try to buy some GLD, but it do not hit my trigger.

No comments: